Thursday, May 28, 2009

Travel To Holland

Thursday the 28th

When we finally got up at 7:30 AM and looked out the window all we could see was a sort of mist floating through the air and hovering over the ground. It wasn't rain and it wasn't fog but it sure was wet. The kids didn't want to go out, they only wanted to eat. But that was okay since I wasn't moving very fast, in fact Tina was up before me.

Eventually I couldn't put it off any longer and made my way from the bedroom to the bathroom (two feet). After brushing my teeth and sorta waking up I fumbled my way to the kitchen (three feet) and grabbed a cup of coffee. Ahhhhhh... I'm alive!

With coffee in hand I ate a banana and leashed up the kids for their morning constitutional. When I got back Tina took the car and went to the Post Office while I got the rig ready for the road. As soon as Tina returned we moved the coach out of the site, hooked up the car and headed out of town.

We got on to I-75 South headed for Flint. Thirty some miles later we headed West towards Lansing then on to Grand Rapids wher we turned South to Holland, Michigan (http://holland.org/) a very pretty little town on the shore of Lake Macatawa. Just before we got to our destination we were stopped for a train that in turn was stopped for some reason. We finally got through the train crossing about a half hour later and proceded to our final stop for the day at the Oak Grove Rv Resort (http://www.oakgroveresort.com/).

No photos today.

Distance for this leg, 165 miles. Total for trip so far, 7,847 miles.

No comments: