Sunday, February 14, 2010

Westlake to Brookshire, Texas

Sunday the 14th -- Valentines Day!!

Morning dawned cold and clear as the kids demanded to get up and get out!! So I jumped out (slowly eased my way out) of bed and turned on the heat for Tina, put on my heavy winter clothes,winter jacket, hat and gloves. That done, I put the kids leashes on and away we went! Turns out it was much warmer than I expected, probably about 42 and by 8:30 when we pulled out it was probably 46 or 47 degrees out with the sun shining making it a great day to travel.

We got on the road by 9:00 AM heading west on I-10 for 175 miles. Then we pulled off to fuel up and drove a mile to our campsite at Houston West RV Campground. It was just a little after noon. It was a beautiful day with the sun out and the temperature in the mid 60's!! We didn't have any plans to tour the area so we spent the next few hours doing laundry, vacuuming and cleaning the coach.

Later as Tina was napping I took my book outside and sat in the sun for an hour reading. Marvelous!! Later Tina made a great dinner with spiced apples, pork chops and baby red potatoes with Mrs Fields Chocolate Chip cookies for desert. Simply Devine! After dinner Tina watched a little of the Olympics while I finished the blog and uploading photos.

Around seven, the wind came up as a cold front moved in bringing the temperature down to the low 40's outside. It will be a cold one tonight but we're off to "Comfort" Texas in the morning as we continue our push westward in search of warmer weather.

To see all our photos, click on:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mjdolanski

Distance for today, 177 miles. Total for the trip so far, 5,142 miles.

No comments: