Friday, June 12, 2009

Our last Days In Wisconsin

Friday the 12th

Another nice day with the temperature expected to be in the mid 60's. I picked up a new front derailleur for my rode bike but decided to wait to put it on. Tina and Denise went grocery shopping for the big Sunday bash. I had mapped out a 35 mile ride out and about in the country and got under way about 11:00 AM. It really was nice enough to ride in shorts and short sleeve jersey.

My plan was to ride west from Denise's house along County Road "C" south of Camp Lake to the town of Wilmot where I could get on the route by heading SW on Fox River Rd. By following the 29 mile route and adding six miles for getting to and from the route, it looked like a real nice ride. And it was very nice! I stopped frequently to check the map so it was more of a casual ride. Since it was on relatively flat terrain I probably rode at about a 15mph pace. I did manage to make a couple of wrong turns and added a few extra miles, but hey... it could happen to anyone - heheheh! I got back to Denise's about 2:00 PM and had a bite to eat before taking a shower and settling down to relax for a while.

About 3:00 PM Brad stopped by to see Tina. Since she was out he and I visited for a while and made plans to go shoot pool on Sunday or Monday depending on when he got back from a friends wedding.

About 4:30 PM Tina called and told me to drive over to Heather's house on Camp Lake for dinner. Heather's husband Mike was working on re-setting their cable connection so the kids could hook up their Wii game. With such nice weather we all sat around on the deck looking out over the lake while the brauts were cooking on the BBQ. We had a nice dinner and visited until after seven when Tina and I returned home to feed the dogs. Denise followed and brought two of her grandchildren with her for the night. While the girls watched movies I read my book and finally went out to the coach to go to bed.

Saturday the 13th

It's raining this morning but promises to dry up and warm up by noon. Nothing Scheduled for today so we got a free day!!

Tina got up not feeling well - some kind of sinus/alergy problem so we just hung out. I did some reading and watched a little TV.

Later that afternoon, Mark called and asked if we still wanted to go to the races at Wilmot Raceway. Since Tina still didn't feel too good we took a pass.

Later that evening I went to Bay Billiards and shot pool until 11:00 PM. About 8:30 PM I hooked up with a pretty good shot. We traded games for a while then he got warmed up and I ended up on the losing end of a nineball series. But it was fun anyway.


Sunday the 14th

Nice day with sunshine and about 65 degrees. Today is a family day with everyone coming to Denise's for a BBQ. It was a fun day with lots of kids and grandkids.


Monday the 15th

Another really nice day.

Tina and Denise went shopping while I went out on a bike ride. Did about 32 miles on much of the same route as on Friday. Took a little over two hours and averaged about 15 mph. Not bad for an old man - heheheh!!

After I got back and took a shower the girls got home and we visited for a while. Later that evening I went to meet Brad at Bay Billiards. He got there around 8:00 PM with his friend Stephanie. Brad is a beginner but he has a good eye and understands what's happening with the balls. We shot for about an hour and a half before heading back home.

No photos today.


Tuesday the 16th

Another nice day with the temp around 75 degrees and light clouds. Since this was to be our last day at Denise's, we did a lot of visiting and a little yard work. Later I got the rig set up for traveling and rounded up all our stuff so all we'd have to do in the morning would be to hook up the car.

Later Leanne cam over to see Tina before we left then the four of us went to the Country Inn Restaurant and had a really nice dinner.

Back at Denise's after dinner, Alicia stopped by and we spent some more time visiting.

To see the rest of the family photos, go to:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mjdolanski

No comments: