Thursday, June 4, 2009

Visit To Wisconsin

Monday the 1st

Weather is nice but chilly with the sun out and blue sky and , oh yes, it's windy. Today we hung out at Denise's while various cousins, nieces, etc., came over. This is a pretty big family with about 2/3's living within 60 miles of each other. Here is a family tree:


Later in the morning I took my road bike in to the Schwinn dealer in Antioch. Turns out being on the back of the car exposed to the weather, salt spray and some bad jolts had cracked the rear hub so I needed a new wheel. The freewheel was shot and needed to be replaced and I needed a new chain. A light tune-up, lube, parts and labor came to a little over a hundred bucks. What a deal!!


Tuesday the 2nd

Let's see... oh, yes the weather is nice but chilly with the sun out and blue sky and , once again, it's windy. Another day of relaxing while various cousins, nieces, etc., came over to visit. I picked up my road bike from town and brought it home with plans to do a ride on Friday. Temperature by mid afternoon was somewhere in the high 50's. Later in the afternoon Tina and I took the rig up to Menomonee Falls to have the Genset fuel line repaired. When we got back there was more visiting, dinner, visiting, etc.

Around 7:00 PM I drove down to Fox Lake in Illinois (only about 15 miles) to Bay Billiards (insert url here) and shot pool for several hours. After a short practice session I was joined by a young man by the name of Steve who wanted to play a little nine ball. We agreed on $10 a set, race to five. He took the first set 5-3, then I took the second set 5-2. We played a third set which I lost 5-3 and I decided I was too tired to keep playing even though I was starting to get my game back. After paying up, I thanked Steve for the games, paid my table time and went home.


Wednesday the 3rd

Up at 5:15 AM with Punky, she had to go out. I couldn't go back to sleep so I got dressed and went out in the living room to watch the financial news. Hmmm... oh, yes the weather is nice but chilly with the sun out and blue sky and , once again, it's windy. After breakfast the girls decided they were going shopping. I elected to stay home in case the shop called to let me know the rig was ready. I took a short nap then about 12:30 PM decided to go for a bike ride. Since it was only about 55 degrees out I decided to keep it short and rode into Antioch on the mountain bike.

After a short ride I cruised through town until I found a small cafe/bookstore where I stopped for lunch and bought a book. After riding home I relaxed with acouple of Denise's grandkids until the girls got home. Soon everyone left except Tina, Denise and me so we had a relaxed dinner of leftovers and spent the rest of the evening relaxing.


Thursday the 4th

Finally,some good news! It is another beautiful day and the temperature is expected to get up to about 65 degrees with no wind. Yippee!! And tomorrow is supposed to get into the 70's. I'm looking forward to a nice bike ride with one of the local bike clubs.

We had a relaxing morning as I caught up the blog then about 10:30 Tina, Denise and I headed up to Menomonee Falls to get the rig. On the way back we stopped at a small Noodle eatery and had Pad Tai for lunch. After we got back home I set up the rig and plugged in water and power, only I couldn't get power to the rig. I checked all the circuits in the coach and in the house. Everything checked out. I looked at the fuses in the coach, no problem there. So I went looking under the rig to see if there was any problem with wiring in the fuel tank area - nope, nothing. So then I thought I'd check the house outlet so I plugged a battery charger into the outlet - nothing. Just as a check, I plugged the charger into another outlet. Yup, it worked. So I went over to the house, moved the shrubery around enought to get to the outlet. it was a GFI unit, so I tried to reset it - no go. Looks like I must have fried it. So I told Denise I would have to replace the outlet and plugged the power into an outlet in the garage - it worked fine.

About 4:00 PM I went out to the garage and did a little work on Tina's bike. Leanne's husband Jim was coming over around 5:00 to go for a ride. When he got here we jacked up the seat about six incches and headed out on a ten mile loop through the countryside. On the way we passed Wilmot Mountain Ski Area, a 250 foot tall hill with chair lifts. The area has lots of lakes. We passed Lake Catherine, Channel Lake, Silver Lake, Camp Lake, Center Lake and Rock lake before getting back to Denise's.

When we returned I was telling Jim about the circuit problem and he said that the outlet in question that I thought was bad was actually controlled by a switch inside the house. We went inside and checked with Denise, sure enough, the outlet wasn't fried, just turned off. Seems when Tina went to bed last night she just turned all the switches in the hallway to off. Good thing I found out, I hate replaceing good outlets with new good outlets - heheheh.

After Jim left we had dinner then spent the evening relaxing.

No comments: