Monday, December 28, 2009

Twelve Days of Christmas

Monday the 21st to Thursday the 24th

Ahhhhh, tis the season to be jolly! Reporting for the next ten days or so will be pretty spotty as Tina and I prepare for the holidays.

Cool mornings are with us for a while, 40's and 50's with afternoon temps in the mid to upper 70's. Just right for our early morning bike rides. Tina is improving even though she can't see it yet. She is less winded and is able to maintain a good pace for longer periods of time.

Cleaning, shopping, riding, relaxing, a little pool time, some billiards, reading and TV set the day to day pace. Cards and a few gifts have come in to sit beneath our Santa. Our greetings via email and Christmas cards are sent.

The day before Christmas Tina flew home to surprise her family. Our oldest daughter Lori picked her up at the airport around 11:30 PM then dropped her off at our youngest daughter Marni's house, getting everybody up for a joyous surprise!!


No photos today.

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas!!

It's very quiet here at Rock Creek. The kids got up at 6:30 AM thinking they heard sleigh bells overhead. After a quick turn about the park for their morning constitutional we went back to the coach for breakfast. Surprise!! Santa had left two new squeeky toys for them!! They were in heaven, squeeking away and getting belly rubs from Dad.

Opening my presents, I received two new pair of shorts and two matching dress Hawaiian shirts, a book of "Tube Sock Tips for RV'rs" and a safety light for my bicycle. Later in the day I went to the club house for Christmas dinner along with about 100 other neighbors. What a spread. Fortunately I could leave before being rolled out using the dogs as an excuse. As it was I ate too much, but then so did most everybody else, heheheh!

The kids and I spent a quiet evening watching a little TV and reading.

To see all our photos click on:



Saturday the 26th

I went out for an early morning bike ride to give myself a cardio workout. Following our regular route I was back at the coach within 35 minutes, averaging about 15 mph including stop lights so I figure I was cruising about 20 mph most of the time.

Later that afternoon, I shot a little pool, fixed dinner, played with the kids and went to bed early.
No photos today.

Sunday the 27th

Took it a little easier this morning, otherwise it was pretty much the same ride as yesterday. After finishing repairing the bathroom skylight and the top to Tina's jewelry box, the kids and I went downtown Naples and spent a couple of hours at the 5th Avenue Street Fair. What a collection of art!! Lot's of people, lots of food, the fair stretched all along 5th Avenue from 8th St to 2nd St. The kids were good and got lots of attention as we wandered here and there looking at all the creativity.

Later in the day Fernando and I shot a little pool, then we called it a day.

No photos today.

No comments: