Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday the 5th

Another gorgeous day in SoCal's Imperial Valley!! Once again rising with the sun we got an early start on the day. As usual I went and shot pool with the boys for a couple of hours then came back to the coach.

Since it was my turn to do the laundry I gathered everything up and took it to the machines across the street from us. Once the laundry was started I came back and did the morning dishes while Tina watched a movie.

Then it was back to the laundry to load the clothes in the dryer. Once they were in and started I came back and did the blog for the past three days. Then we took the kids for a walk and had lunch.

After lunch I went back to the laundry. Since I was the only one there I took my time to fold everything. Being a tad slow Tina came to see what was holding me up and helped bring everything home. By now it's nearly 3:00 PM and we got ready to go to a movie in town.

We went to see Director Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" in 3-D. Being big Tim Burton fans, "Beetlejuice", "Edward Scissorhands", "Nightmare Before Christmas", "Sleepy Hollow", "Corpse Bride", we really enjoyed it!! But it was definitely not a children's movie.

After the movie we went to "the "Exotic Thai Bistro" for dinner which was excellent. We started with "Thom Ka Gai" soup, a chicken soup in coconut milk with curry and mushrooms. Followed by "Shrimp Dumplings" (shrimp wrapped in a won ton) and a plate of spicy "Phad Thai" (rice noodles with chicken, shrimp and vegetables with peanut sauce).

We finally got home around 7:30 PM. The kids were overjoyed to see us and wanted to go for a walk right away. After their walk and dinner we settled in for the night.

No photos today.

No comments: