Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More Quiet Time

Tuesday the 23rd


Tina had a rough night but got up feeling a little better than yesterday. Still has a bad cough and her chest is really tight but the Robitussin seems to be helping to break things up.


With nice weather I decided to go for a bike ride up into the hills. I put some time in on the NetBook and mapped out a route. Once I was ready to leave and Tina was relaxing with a book, I hit the road and went through town on "E" St passing under the 805 freeway on Bonita Rd and eventually under the 125 freeway turning into the entrance to Sweetwater Reservoir County Park. This was the most challenging ride I've been on since leaving Whidbey. In fact it was a lo like riding on Whidbey with lots of very strenuous hills.


When I left the park I ended up riding farther out into the foothills before turning back towards National City. Then I rode south several miles and ended up back on Bonita Road and "E" St. I got back after two and a half hours having ridden about 28 miles, half of them in the hills.


After a quick lunch, I cleaned up the kitchen and headed for the pool. Tina was feeling much better but still didn't have much energy. She took the kids out for a couple of long walks, a good sign that she's on the mend!


Later that evening I decided to try a different place to shoot a little pool, so I headed over to the "Canyon Club Sports Cafe" which was only about four miles away on Telegraph Canyon Rd on the other side of Chula Vista. Turned out to be a neighborhood bar, didn't even get out of the car.

Got home and we spent the evening with American Idol, heh, heh!


No photos today (forgot to take my camera on my ride).

No comments: