Monday, October 3, 2011

Blythe to Buckey, AZ


Blythe to Buckeye, AZ

Up early as I had trouble sleeping thinking about the problems we were experiencing with the coach. After walking and feeding the dogs and having my breakfast, I called Ramsey and got an appointment for 9:00 AM. At 8:00 AM I called the RV shop and they said they needed 24 hours to diagnose the problem and couldn’t get started until later in the day.

We got everything secured and headed over to Ramsey to let them check the radiator and all the fluids. While we were there I asked the service manager about our fridge and he recommended a place in Quartzite instead. So I gave the people at RV Lifestyles a call and they said to come in as soon as I could and they’d look at it.

Ramsey spent an hour checking things out and gave us a clean bill of health - $110 and we were on the road for Quartzite. Twenty miles later we took the first exit into Quartzite and pulled into RV Lifestyles. They put a service tech on the job right away and within a half hour he reset the computer chip and the fridge was working again.

On the pad at Leaf Verde RV Park
Back on the road we made the rest of the trip to Buckeye with no problems making one stop for diesel and lunch pulling in to the Leaf Verde RV Park by 2:00 PM. Once we got set up I put on my swim suit, grabbed a towel and my book and headed for the pool. A little later Tina joined me and we spent a relaxing hour at the pool.

We had dinner around 6:30 PM and watched a movie. Around 7:30 the fridge beeped at us and shut off. We re-set it but at 9:00 PM it shut down again so we turned it off and went to the web to find another RV Repair place for tomorrow. Oh boy, this is really getting old. After the movie we spent some time discussing our options and decided to try and sell the rig when we get to Florida.

Then we watched another movie and called it a night.

Total miles for today, 120. Total for the trip so far, 1,733 miles.

No photos today.

No comments: